Taking the T line from Logan? Read these tips!
So, you've arrived in Boston. Now what? Cab it to the hotel? Go for it. Nice and quick and easy.
Wanna save a few bucks and be adventurous? Take the T, baby.
Here are some step-by-step tips for what this Blogger did to get here. Are there alternatives? Probably. But this worked for me. Maybe it'll work for you too.
1) Follow the Logan signs to Ground Transportation.
2) Outside, follow the signs to the SILVER LINE.
3) There will be a machine there that will let you purchase your Charlie Ticket. Choose your denomination ($15 for a week pass seems the best deal, depending on how much sightseeing you're going to try to sneak in) and get your ticket with the cute little engineer (Charlie, I would presume) on it.
4) Take the SILVER LINE shuttle bus to the SOUTH STATION subway stop.
5) Go inside and you're going to want the RED LINE subway headed toward ALEWIFE.
6) Take this train to the second stop (past Downtown Crossing), which will be PARK STREET.
7) Exit at Park Street and transfer to the GREEN LINE. You can take either the train headed toward Boston College or Cleveland Circle. I chose Cleveland Circle. Why? Because "Cleveland" is a "Family Guy" character; "Boston College" is not. And Stewie would want it that way.
8) Exit the Green Line at the ARLINGTON stop. You're almost here!
9) Follow the signs to the STREET EXIT for BOSTON COMMON.
10) You should go up some stairs and you'll see the basement level of a Starbucks before you hit the street.
11) Once at the street, hang a LEFT for one block.
12) Next street, hang another LEFT for one block. You'll pass under some construction at a special walkway.
13) When you see the statue of the old dude, turn right and go a block until you see the beautiful Boston Park Plaza in front of you.
Thirteen steps?!? Are ya kiddin' me?!? That cab's sounding better and better all the time, isn't it?!?
So if you go that route and you see a bunch of folks at the taxi stand who look like they might be visual journalist geeks like the rest of us, make some new friends, split a cab and get here to let the fun begin!
Remember, if all else fails, ask for directions! And due to a binding contract that stipulates I mention the Saturday night AFTER PARTY with every Blog post -- I will tell you ... DON'T MISS THAT AFTER PARTY!
Labels: snd boston