3.28.2007

Helvetica Haikus

In honor of the premiere of the movie Helvetica at SXSW, the folks over at Extensis held a little contest where people could send in haikus about fonts. Some gems:
A couple on Helvetica ...

Dear Helvetica,
Wish I had your style and class
Regards, Arial

Helevetica sits,
watching you try the new fonts.
It knows you'll be back.

you are a default
i change you to futura
but you haunt me still


This one's funny for Web nerds ...

font: normal 2em
Helvetica,sans-serif;
color: #f00;


A couple on other fonts ...

morning press run:
the Bodoni extra bold
glistening blackly

Egg-shaped and awkward,
and you have no descenders.
I hate you, Hobo.

comic sans is on
taped-up public bathroom signs
for patrons only.


My favorite, also on Comic Sans ...

Hey guys! LOL!
I forward jokes! And cat pics!
I heart MSN.


You can read all the entries over at the Extensis blog and check out the winners.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home